The word “Organic” refers to the way in which the food the grown as well as processed. When farming is done in an organic way the fertility of the soil remains and does not get depleted. There are numerous advantages of consuming organically grown food which are:
- The food tastes better and contains more flavor.
- It is safer for small children and geriatrics as well.
- The nutrient content of the organically grown food is more as they contain more minerals, vitamins, as well as essential fatty acids.
- It is pure and contains no artificial sweeteners or preservatives. It is not genetically modified.
- No pesticides or chemicals are used to grow them.
- Organic food purchase supports the local farmers and thereby helps in the growth of the economy locally.
- It helps making the person also emotionally strong as the food that is being consumed is pure and does not contain any chemicals.
- It is not just beneficial for the human body but also helps in preserving the nature
The advantages of organically grown food are being recognized by many people and its demand is also increasing drastically.