Skype is the most popular and most downloaded video calling software on the planet. It is available on all platforms and operating systems. The new age mobile devices with secondary cameras also support Skype. It is a great way to keep in touch with people across the globe. The best part is that it’s free. Skype has been around for quite some time now and has been working just fine. There is only one complaint the some users have. It is regarding recording a call for future reference. Skype does not allow the users to record any calls at all.
Third Party Software Enable The Record Feature On Skype
Mac is an operating system which is very popular. The apple products are the crème Del crème of devices like computers and mobile phones. The software of the Macintosh operating system is pretty complex and not all third party software are available for the platform. However there is little software available on the internet like Movavi, which do support the Mac OS.
Steps on How to Record Skype Calls On Mac
- The first step before using any software is acquiring it and in this case, the internet plays as the provider. A Google search would determine the best software out there and the links from where the files can be downloaded.
- The next step after installation is to calibrate the software settings to the optimum level for better performance and output. These setting include format of the video captures, audio devices involved, etc. Normally the software evaluates and sets the correct parameters but they are all changeable.
- The next step is the most important. The user has to make sure that the audio devices used by Skype and the software are the same. This can be changed by accessing the audio tab in the system settings menu.
- When the user is in a Skype call, he/she has to adjust the area of recording and press record on the software window. The recording may also pause and played if the user wants. The shortcuts for these functions are normally included in a tutorial.
- The next step is to edit the video. After the recording is complete, the users see a media player dialog box open up. Here the unwanted segments of the video may be deleted.
- The last step is to save the video. After the all-important edit the user must open the save menu on top of the screen. The available format presets are present and there is also a custom option available. The most used formats are Jpeg and Flv.
The various software is also available for windows but the steps are a bit different. This third party software is also used by gamers who record their game play. The videos recorded may be saved anywhere on the HDD. The user may upload the videos to a website, burn the files to a DVD, etc. Skype is now complete with all the features everyone wished for.